Hello loves and happy Friday,
Hope you are all doing well. Ever since my little encounter with heat damage, I have been switching up my hair regimen a lot. One of the affected departments is the detangling department. I am always looking for ways to upgrade my techniques and methods to make my otherwise long wash day easier and I dare say faster.
I have been detangling my hair using various points of my wash day process…from the prepoo stage to sometimes even the styling stage. Until of course I decided to try detangling in the shower which was a game changer for me. Today, we talk about the process of detangling my hair that I have adopted
So my wash day is a typically two to three hour affair and I shared how often I do it here. There is also a whole blog post explaining what you need to know about prepoo, washing and conditioning your hair. Initially I enjoyed detangling at the point of styling but this has since changed. Currently this is how my washday goes:
- I lightly finger detangle during my prepoo process just to separate my hair for even product distribution. I will then prepoo my hair overnight.
- Then I will hop into the shower and shampoo my hair… I prefer soaping twice.
- I skip to my deep conditioning process then don a plastic cap and wait thirty to forty five minutes.
- Then….. *drumrolls*…… take my rinse out conditioner and undo each section that has my deep conditioner apply the rinse out and detangle with a metallic comb. This may sound like a double step, but I find that some deep conditioners have very little slip. By adding the rinse out, it makes the detangling process very easy.
- I then hold my hair sections into little ponytails to dry the roots flat on my head and twist the remaining hair. I then rinse out the product, and squeeze the excess water off with a tee shirt. I pat my hair dry and squeeze olive oil into each section.
This video by Thechicnatural explains it better.
How do you detangle your hair?
One thought on “Detangle type 4 hair in 30 minutes”
Pretty part of content. I simply stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to say that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
Any way I’ll be subscribing in your augment and even I fulfillment you get right of entry to consistently rapidly.
LikeLiked by 1 person