When I had a little (read as huge) disaster with heat early last year, I introduced a couple of treatments to improve the overall health of my hair.
One of those was the onion juice that I adapted from green beauty. It’s been about a year since I had a nasty encounter with heat damage and i have seen significant improvement in my hair health.
I shared my hair progress on my Instagram page... Which is where I share updates on my hair more frequently.
So for this recipe you need:
- A small red onion bulb *or white onion
- A clove or two of garlic
- A teaspoon of Cayenne. *adjust to your preference
How to do it:
- Shell the garlic and onion and wash
- Chop into sizable chunks and put into a blender with about 5 tablespoons of water
- Add Cayenne pepper and let it sit for 20-30 mins at the very least.
- Sieve the mixture to be left with juice.
- Put in an applicator bottle and apply to your scalp as part of your pre-poo.( I talked about it here in detail)
- Let it sit for at least 20 minutes before continuing with your wash day as usual.
I shared my wash day and all you need to know about wash days in this post.
Love and love
Follow me on social media