When I had a little (read as huge) disaster with heat early last year, I introduced a couple of treatments to improve the overall health of my hair.
One of those was the onion juice that I adapted from green beauty. It’s been about a year since I had a nasty encounter with heat damage and i have seen significant improvement in my hair health.
I shared my hair progress on my Instagram page... Which is where I share updates on my hair more frequently.
So for this recipe you need:
- A small red onion bulb *or white onion
- A clove or two of garlic
- A teaspoon of Cayenne. *adjust to your preference
How to do it:
- Shell the garlic and onion and wash
- Chop into sizable chunks and put into a blender with about 5 tablespoons of water
- Add Cayenne pepper and let it sit for 20-30 mins at the very least.
- Sieve the mixture to be left with juice.
- Put in an applicator bottle and apply to your scalp as part of your pre-poo.( I talked about it here in detail)
- Let it sit for at least 20 minutes before continuing with your wash day as usual.
I shared my wash day and all you need to know about wash days in this post.
shared my current length check in this post…or in this video
Love and love
Follow me on social media
4 thoughts on “Onion juice recipe that saved my hair”
This is an amust trial thingy* for my edges. I took one salonist to ‘help’ me destroy my *guarded edges.
I am so sorry about your edges… Tell me if you like it